This blog post is basically for those who want to know what needs to be ready in WM before you start working with the new client like loading data etc.. Cutover activities are must for every new client that you are going to start working. Once we move the transports from dev to any QAS or PRD clients, we should make sure that any configuration related or master data checks for SAP WM related required?
Below list for WM and I try to add some other modules here like MM and SD
Below Cutover activities for every warehouse should maintain for every new client copy.
WM Cutover activities
1) Maintain Number range for TR,TO,Quants,Posting change notice and Group numbers
2) Maintain Number range for Inventory document
3) Create Interim storage bins
4) Maintain RF User in RF queue management
Master Data Activities:
6) Material Master data for WM view1 and view2
7) Material Master data extension for Plant/SL/warehouse/Storage type
8) Printer configuration
9) Outputs for Delivery, shipping and HU if required
10) Check if any SNUM required for Zprogram objects
11) Check all the transportable Table data
1. Check the Org structure, plants to storage location setup.
2. Check Number ranges for Purchasing and IM Doc’s
3. Maintain MRP Profile, need to update in MMD1 as 0001 or 0002.
4. Check and add Classification for Material, Batch, and Release strategy.
5. Maintain the Output conditions for print out, Email and EDI
6. Maintain the partner profiles for UPS as a freight agent to all Foreign vendors
7. Maintain the partner profile for goods supplier for vendors with multiple locations or different than their vendor address.
8. EDI partner profile setup (WE20) for UPS and outlet vendor’s – EDI Team.
9. Identify the Subcontract vendors in SAP and give it to SD team for them to maintain as a customer.
10.SD team to maintain the customer master for subcontract vendor, inter company vendor.
Generally no number ranges required for most clients.
Order Confirmation VV11 – BA00
Return Goods VV1
Invoice VV31 – RD00
Commercial Invoice VV31 – FUCI
Export Documents VV31 – FUCO, FUEP, FUPI, FUSD, FUSI
Ship Confirmation – Hard Copy VV21
Ship Confirmation – EDI VV21 – LALE
EDI Invoice – 810 VV31
EDI Ship Confirmation VV21 – LALE (Ship Point, SV, LB, DA)
EDI Order Confirmation VV11
Shipping & Handling VK11
Liquidation Commission VK11
Cost Plus Pricing – Intercompany VK11
Return Restock Fee VK11
Search Strategy Maintenance VCH1
All product names are trademarks of their respective companies. The content on this site may not be reproduced or redistributed without the express written permission of the content author.